- “Platform Competition and Interoperability: The Net Fee Model” (with Mehmet Ekmekci and Lingxuan Wu)
- “Double Marginalization and Misplacement in Online Advertising” (with Kamal Jain, Shota Ichihashi and Byung-Cheol Kim)
- “Optional Intermediaries and Pricing Restraints” (with Chang Liu and Fengshi Niu) Revision requested by the Journal of Economics & Management Strategy.
- “Insulated Platform Competition” (with Glen Weyl)
- “Unit versus Ad Valorem Taxation Under Revenue Maximization” (with Germain Gaudin)
- “On the Antitrust Economics of the Electronic Books Industry” (with Germain Gaudin)
- “Half-Hearted Cooperation: A Theory of the Evolution of Altruistic Preferences”
- “Platform Economics: Recent Findings and Further Questions”. CPI Antitrust Chronicle, June (vol. 2), 2022.
- “Vertical Agreements and User Access” (with Germain Gaudin). American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, vol 13, no 3, pp. 328-371, 2021.
- “Outsiders, Insiders and Interventions in the Housing Market” (with Xiaokuai Shao). Journal of Comparative Economics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 110-134, 2021.
- “Multidimensional Platform Design” (with Andre Veiga and Glen Weyl). American Economic Review (Papers and Proceedings), vol. 107, no. 5, pp. 191-195, 2017.
- “Let the Right 'One' Win: Policy Lessons from the New Economics of Platforms” (with Glen Weyl). Competition Policy International, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 29-51, 2014.
- “Search Engines: Left Side Quality versus Right Side Profits”. International Journal of Industrial Organization, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 690-701, 2013. (Winner of the 2014 IJIO Best Paper Award)
- “Walrasian Equilibrium in Large, Quasi-linear Markets” (with Eduardo Azevedo and Glen Weyl). Theoretical Economics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 281-290, 2013.
- “Economics of Online Platforms”, in The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics. Online Edition. Eds. Steven N. Durlauf and Lawrence E. Blume. Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- “Platform Economics and Tech Giants: Competition in the Market and for the Market and Implications for Regulation and Merger Policy” (with Baiyun Jing). Report prepared for the Beijing Cairncross Economic Research Foundation study on Competition Policy for China's Digital Economy: Some International Perspectives, 2022.
- “Steemit: A New Social Media?” (with
Ramon Casadesus-Masanell and Karen Elterman). Harvard Business School Publishing, 2019.